promoting DAST on your server?

Shaneuk
Level 1

promoting DAST on your server?

Postby Shaneuk » 07 Sep 2015, 23:54

So guys

How are your clans promoting DAST on your server

At !TTM! Have set our server name to end with DAST Anti Cheat

We also have a server message stating that the server is part of the DAST Anti Cheat group

And on our website we have placed a link to Dast website. The same as we have to pbbans.com for our other game servers

What are you doing ?
Euphoria

Re: promoting DAST on your server?

Postby Euphoria » 08 Sep 2015, 02:20

We've had server messages going out every 30mins or so, stating that we part of the Server Admin Alliance and use DAST, plus we've made it very well known to Many players that have been caught up to no good, that they are going on a Master ban list.
Unsurprisingly, our Ban Appeal rate has gone up quite a lot since we joined, with players begging for a second chance, and it wasn't them that was cheating, it was their Brother... no little sister... wait definitely my girlfreind... might have been my mum... maybe my neighbours cat :lol:
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 08 Sep 2015, 17:41

That's awesome guys, I've just been thinking about it today, huh. :D
I think we should unify this, when someone is part of the group and user of DAST application. I will try to think of that, and manage something, that could all server admins use on their servers/websites. Thanks guys!
Application Developer
Use help forum to ask questions about DAST Application, and feel free to suggest changes in DAST Suggestions forum
Shaneuk
Level 1

Postby Shaneuk » 08 Sep 2015, 22:43

I think it would be good to have DAST Anti Cheat at the end of server names as then players can see how strong DAST is as more groups join the anti cheat revolution

It may also encourage more groups to look towards DAST to help keep their servers free of cheats
Knezo Caixao

Postby Knezo Caixao » 09 Sep 2015, 11:15

Hi

Okay well this side and the MBL project is great.
But hum did i miss smth or get it wrong? Imo having DAST in server name is suggesting the server is using a tool in this case DAST Anti Cheat prog. Which we do not or do we/ you? I thought DAST is all about sharing banns and having a MBL. Beside i think running a prog is forbidden anyways by BI and/ or the dev´s i am a bit worry about people will take this as a fact (server is running a third party tool or smth similar) they eventually will report the server which then will give probs?

I have no idea if privates are able to run a prog via the control panel or beeing able to live update bann lists using DAST or MBL to servers.

Tbh i am a bit confused what exactly is meant with "Admin Server Tools".

Ofc promoting via Homepage or server messages is pretty okies.
'Never die before you say friendly
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 09 Sep 2015, 11:21

DAST has no connection to the server at all! Thats important. DAST does not access logs itsel or modify anything at all. It has almost no relation to the server, so it is not breaking any rules from BI. I have made post to official forums, and it has been approved by forum admins as OK app.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/ ... ver-tools/
Application Developer
Use help forum to ask questions about DAST Application, and feel free to suggest changes in DAST Suggestions forum
Nubsauce

Postby Nubsauce » 17 Sep 2015, 22:37

On my server name, I just put DAST=ON at the end, and I actually have seen more New IP Connections added to my Server DB which is kinda cool! Maybe people know what DAST is already :P
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 19 Sep 2015, 01:50

There is special support page in the app now. You can get inspired :D http://dayz-ast.com/home/support-us
Application Developer
Shaneuk
Level 1

Postby Shaneuk » 22 Sep 2015, 23:41

Nubsauce wrote:On my server name, I just put DAST=ON at the end, and I actually have seen more New IP Connections added to my Server DB which is kinda cool! Maybe people know what DAST is already :P

good to hear :)

Return to “General Discussion”