Latest bans List

Shaneuk
Level 1

Latest bans List

Postby Shaneuk » 15 Aug 2015, 15:07

Hey guys

Not sure if you will get what i mean by the latest bans list but i was wondering if we could have the latest 20 bans on a scroll that auto updates as bans are added to the master ban list

yes this means as admins we would need to add our bans to the master ban list for it to update but it would ve worth it if it showed a few details

e.g

IGN:
Server bans from:
Date/Time:
Reason:
Link to the ban so admins can get the ban added to their own list

like this on pbbans.com
http://www.pbbans.com/
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Re: Latest bans List

Postby TheKronnY » 15 Aug 2015, 16:22

Where should this "latest bans" block be displayed? And who could see it?
Do you think like, put it completly public for every user, or only banlist-joined users on the default Banlsit Overview page?
Application Developer
Use help forum to ask questions about DAST Application, and feel free to suggest changes in DAST Suggestions forum
Shaneuk
Level 1

Postby Shaneuk » 16 Aug 2015, 20:14

i would say on the homepage so visitors can see that bans are happening

but then you have to make sure all the bans are correct .... so maybe to start with have it so they show on the right under the user menu

under the actions section maybe

but it would be good to have input from others too
Alan Gates
Level 1

Postby Alan Gates » 17 Aug 2015, 14:31

In order for any ban to be accepted on to the MBL, each of those mentioned criteria must be complete and one more thing MUST also happen - and that is a percentage vote (51% or more) by non-submitting 'Head Admins'. Without all those being met, then the ban does not get on the MBL.

Knowing that an MBL ban has that integrity and that I can trust every one on that list, makes me question the necessity of having a scrolling list of the last 20'ish bans. Personally I don't see the need for it.

On the other hand it would be reassuring to know that new bans are being added - so from my PoV, I would suggest a green font message simply saying 'X new bans added in the last 4 hours'. Of course it doesn't need to be 4 hourly, it could be 1, 6, 12 hours or daily and that will be optimised by testing.
Shaneuk
Level 1

Postby Shaneuk » 17 Aug 2015, 15:49

yeah sounds ok alan i was just thinking we need something to show bans are being added and the DAST group are stopping cheats
M1k3

Postby M1k3 » 11 Sep 2015, 01:31

Combine the 2 ideas. Show "X bans in the past X time" and then click it to bring you to another page that shows the actual bans?
Alan Gates
Level 1

Postby Alan Gates » 11 Sep 2015, 03:06

Yep Mike, that sounds fine to me.
Shaneuk
Level 1

Postby Shaneuk » 15 Sep 2015, 19:28

yeah sounds great :)
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 16 Sep 2015, 22:46

And this information should be available only for people who can manage a banlist (view permission is enough) or should it be publicly available. If publicly. Where should it be? There is no problem putting it onto homepage. Few information statistics players banned, existing banlists, etc.
Application Developer
Use help forum to ask questions about DAST Application, and feel free to suggest changes in DAST Suggestions forum
Alan Gates
Level 1

Postby Alan Gates » 16 Sep 2015, 23:59

My feeling is that it can be visible to all who sign in, because it is information that is already in the public domain and just by accessing their Steam accounts I can view this data about them.
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 17 Sep 2015, 09:03

Okay. I will make some statistics on a homepage, not detailed ones, just few numbers - banlists count, active users, all existing ban records, recent bans. And on default "Bans" page, where you select your banlists when you access them, I will create some more detailed statistics, last banned players, most active banlist (if is public), active bans, etc. You can tell me what would you additionally want to see there :)
Attachments
dast_Banlist-Default.png
Bans default page
dast_Banlist-Default.png (86.46 KiB) Viewed 4816 times
Application Developer
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 01 Feb 2016, 16:42

Implemented to system homepage. ;) :P
homepage_stats.png
homepage_stats.png (116.47 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
Application Developer
Alan Gates
Level 1

Postby Alan Gates » 02 Feb 2016, 23:45

Just a quick English correction - change ' ..banned players in our evidence ' to ' ..banned players with evidence '
Alan Gates
Level 1

Postby Alan Gates » 02 Feb 2016, 23:49

Also - when it says Recent Bans Created, would it not be better to have a list of Approved Bans. We want to make sure that people getting banned are 100% guilty and proven as such, rather than those that have just been put forward to the MBL, but are awaiting approval.
TheKronnY
Application Developer

Postby TheKronnY » 03 Feb 2016, 00:00

Alan Gates wrote:Also - when it says Recent Bans Created, would it not be better to have a list of Approved Bans. We want to make sure that people getting banned are 100% guilty and proven as such, rather than those that have just been put forward to the MBL, but are awaiting approval.

Well bans displayed on this page are being pulled globally from database, these are approved but in different banlists. I mean - these records are not pulled from MBL, these are system-global (from users' banlists).
Application Developer
Alan Gates
Level 1

Postby Alan Gates » 03 Feb 2016, 02:00

OK, fair enough. I didn't quite understand where they were coming from.

Return to “Suggestions & Requests”