Method of voting on MBL bans

Alan Gates
Level 1

Method of voting on MBL bans

Postby Alan Gates » 08 Feb 2016, 14:41

To avoid us of being accused of 'badmins', the voting system was created so that we can police ourselves and decide if a ban is justified and has a strong chain of evidence, in case the ban is ever questioned.

Therefore, when one server group puts a ban into the MBL, they should not be able to vote on their own bans, or to be able to vote more than once on any other bans by other server groups. If they did, then they are biasing the voting system unfairly.
saiboT_GermanDayZ

Re: Method of voting on MBL bans

Postby saiboT_GermanDayZ » 16 Apr 2016, 14:58

Hey guys,

It's really nice to see the great progress, thank you very much for your effort!
I have 1-2 questions and requests :)

Could you add a "shared by" or something like that to the Approvals (mbl) overview? Or anything that mark your own bans?
In addition to that, there is a "Own bans" section, but it's not working yet?!

How many votes are required to approve a ban? 10 (50%) ?

Could you add another category like "event crashers". I think we have many communties who running events on their server. No bans for the mbl, but I would like to see it for the privat bannlists if possible :)

TheKronnY
Application Developer

Re: Method of voting on MBL bans

Postby TheKronnY » 16 Apr 2016, 16:51

Hey!

saiboT_GermanDayZ wrote:Could you add a "shared by" or something like that to the Approvals (mbl) overview? Or anything that mark your own bans?

Yeah definetly, that would be useful feature and would clarify a lot to all users. When there are lots of bans it can get messy - definetly added to TODO list.

saiboT_GermanDayZ wrote:In addition to that, there is a "Own bans" section, but it's not working yet?!

Own bans category in banlist means, that the bans are created in the banlist. Those bans are original and are bond to this banlist, and they are not shared from anywhere else. I should change the heading. :D

saiboT_GermanDayZ wrote:How many votes are required to approve a ban? 10 (50%)?

MBL requires 51% for ban to be accepted.

saiboT_GermanDayZ wrote:Could you add another category like "event crashers". I think we have many communties who running events on their server. No bans for the mbl, but I would like to see it for the privat bannlists if possible :)

I will try to create relevant category for this one.
Application Developer
Use help forum to ask questions about DAST Application, and feel free to suggest changes in DAST Suggestions forum

Return to “Suggestions & Requests”